We are a modern university, driving professional and creative excellence characterised by our commitment to delivering an outstanding student experience.
Our vision at Bucks is to be a leading influence, shaping higher education for the benefit of our students and their chosen industries. Within a welcoming and supportive environment, we deliver high-quality scholarship, focused research and professional practice.
Our mission is to put our students first and work responsively to inspire and nurture talent for a range of careers. To achieve this we collaborate with a variety of partners regionally, nationally and internationally to ensure that our graduates are ready for the world of work, and that we are able to meet the current and future demands of employers.
- Bucks won Education Provider of the Year (post-registration)at the 2015 Student Nursing Times Awards.
- We were shortlisted for a 2015 Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Award (THELMA) in the ‘Outstanding Student Services’
- Bucks Students’ Unionranked 12th Best Students’ Union in the NSS 2015 Survey.
- We were shortlisted for the 2014 Prospects Awardsin the ‘Best Website’, ‘Best University Campaign’ and ‘Best International Campaign’ categories.
- We became a StonewallDiversity Champion in 2012.
- We achieved the Carbon Trust Standard in 2011 and have so far achieved 43% of our targets for 2020. Visitac.uk/sustainabilityto discover more.
- Bucks Students’ Unionwon a Best Bar None Gold Award 2010 in recognition of being one of the best Students’ Union venues in the UK, and has consistently won further awards each year
- We became a Fairtradeuniversity in 2009, and continue to retain this status.
- High Wycombe is the proud recipient of a Purple Flag award.
Our academic structure is built around two faculties: The Faculty of Society & Health and the Faculty of Design, Media and Management. These faculties are then divided into schools and departments.
The Faculty of Design, Media & Management
We combine a range of disciplines spanning the creative and cultural industries, servicing public and private sector organisations and integrating a range of diverse disciplines. We specialise in the creation of niche programmes, focusing on specific employability skills tailored to the needs of a variety of industry sectors.
The delivery of traditional design and make skills alongside cutting-edge technology, and linking with bespoke management programmes, makes us both engaging and contemporary.
The Faculty of Society & Health
We have outstanding partnerships with both public and private sector employers, and innovative courses that help people hit the ground running in their chosen careers when they graduate.
We offer a wide variety of programmes that are geared towards the needs of the NHS and the independent health care sector. There is a substantial choice of undergraduate, postgraduate and professional study available within our faculty. In nursing, for example, both pre-registration and post-registration courses are on offer.
Departments of Bucks New University
Under grad Content