York University’s English Language Institute is Canada’s leading university provider of English language instruction for academic and professional purposes, serving over 2,000 students from more than 50 different countries every year. Our personal service, dedicated and well-qualified instructors, and classroom diversity are just some of the reasons to choose York University’s English Language Institute. The foundational English language skills and campus experience gained through our programs help students achieve their academic and career goals here at York and around the world. Located on York University’s diverse Keele Campus, our students experience a rich campus experience with convenient access to the vibrant, multicultural city of Toronto, Canada.
The Academic Program is the York University English Language Institute’s most comprehensive university preparation program building a solid foundation of English proficiency and supporting 7 levels of non-native speakers of English. This full-time program ensures that the student body consists of a well-balanced mix of linguistic backgrounds. This establishes English as the language of communication among students and provides an experience of learning with a diverse student body.
- Instructors all hold Master’s degrees and TESL Canada certifications
- Students are motivated to practice with each other, and native Canadians volunteer their time as Conversation Partners to help you practice.
- The course is run in Toronto, one of the world’s most dynamic cities.
- Trips, concerts and sporting events are all used as opportunities to improve English.
- If you’re near completion of the Academic Program and preparing for the proficiency exam, you can audit the courses in your desired program or apply for a conditional letter of admission to actually take them.
DEPARTMENTS OF YUELI