Bournemouth University (BU) is situated on the beautiful south coast of England, less than two hours from London. The BU community includes over 17,300 students of which more than 2,200 are international students from around 120 countries. Here are some of the reasons you should consider studying at Bournemouth University:
- BU Graduate employment rates are consistently high at over 93% and BU has more students on a work placement than any other university in Great Britain.
- Bournemouth University’s Faculty of Media and Communication is designated as the only Centre for Excellence in Media Practice in the UK and is home to the National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA) whose graduates now work for major companies in the entertainment industry and have been involved in major films such as Gravity, Harry Potter and Interstellar.
- The School of Tourism has been designated as a Centre of Excellence in Tourism by the UK’s Institute of Travel and Tourism.
- In 2012, BU was awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education for its contribution to world-leading excellence and pioneering development in computer animation. English language requirements for the majority of our taught Master’s courses are a minimum of IELTS (Academic) 6.0 or equivalent, although for some courses the grades required may be higher. The English language requirement for entry onto a research degree is normally a minimum of IELTS (Academic) 6.5.
- The Bournemouth University International College offers a range of preparatory programmes which gives you the opportunity to study in Bournemouth and prepare successfully for entry onto your chosen course.
- All of our taught postgraduate courses begin in September and many also have the additional option of a January start to give you as much flexibility as possible.
Facilities and Services
Bournemouth University can guarantee accommodation to all international students starting their course in September who apply before the middle of August. Assistance is also given to students who begin their course in January. Open access computing centres are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and all students are provided with free access to high speed broadband internet. The BU Library Service offers the largest database of downloadable materials in any UK institution, with over 250,000 items available, including more than 120,000 text books. The Libraries have extended opening hours to maximise your study time and house over 500 networked computers. To assist you in your study and social life, BU is home to an award-winning Students’ Union, an active Varsity Sports department (SportBU), over 100 clubs and societies and more than 30 different support services. A subsidised University bus service operates between the campuses. We organise an Orientation Programme for all new international students starting in September. An induction programme is also available for January starters.
Bournemouth University (BU) offers over 120 undergraduate courses which covers a huge range of industry-relevant subjects. Foundation and Top-up degrees are also offered either at BU or through one of its partners.
Bournemouth University is a vibrant, innovative international institution with strong emphasis on our world class research, academic excellence and graduate employability. BU has strong links with the business world and we are a powerful player in South West England’s economic and cultural life. BU’s graduate employment rates are consistently high at over 93% and BU has more students on a work placement than any other university in Great Britain.
BU has an excellent reputation among our 17,000 students from 130 countries, their parents, staff and a growing alumni. BU has a £100M investment programme which provides more opportunities for students, funds state-of-the-art facilities and ensures that the university maintains its traditional focus on high standards relevant to the professional world.
Bournemouth University (BU) offers professionally-orientated education, helping to prepare students for their future and to set them up with a fulfilling and secure career. BU’s postgraduate taught courses cover the following subjects:
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Business and Management
- Conservation Ecology and Environmental Sciences
- Design and Engineering
- Forensic and Biological Sciences
- Health and Social Care
- Media Production
- Tourism, Hospitality & Events
For those who can’t begin study in September, BU offers a wide variety of Master's degree.
Departments of Bournemouth University
Under grad Content