The University of Portsmouth is a dynamic and forward-looking university located in the thriving island city of Portsmouth on the south coast of England. The University’s history dates back to 1908 when it was first established as Portsmouth Municipal College. The University has a strong reputation for teaching and student satisfaction with notable research strengths. The University aims to provide an excellent student experience focused on knowledge and skills essential for roles in the global workforce. The University offers foundation degrees, undergraduate, postgraduate and professional development courses across a wide range of disciplines. The courses are structured to extend knowledge and broaden the skills of the students. Members of the academic staff are international experts in their fields. The University has excellent links with industry and a strong record of student employability. The University is home to a student community of over 20,000, of which 3,000 are international students from over 100 countries. The University campus and halls of residence offer outstanding facilities to students in a vibrant waterfront location. Research at the University of Portsmouth has been rated ‘world-class’ in the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 2008.
All of our undergraduates will get opportunities to make them stand out from the crowd. You can:
- Benefit from work-related learning experiences as part of your course, whatever degree you choose to study
- Learn a foreign language completely free of charge
- Get involved in local, national and international volunteering opportunities
- Gain work experience through participation in student democracy, media and event-organising opportunities on campus
- Develop your entrepreneurial side via units within your course or get support in taking forward a business idea through our Centre for Enterprise